COVID-19 and Your Dental Health
As you are aware, Art District Dental has been treating emergencies only since March 16th. This restriction placed on dental offices across Texas by the state dental board and Governor Abbott was intended to conserve valuable PPE resources for our front line hospital staff to treat patients positive for Covid-19. Governor Abbott has announced that he has given the ok for medical procedures to resume in the State of Texas. We could not be more excited to return to the office soon. We cannot wait to see all of your smiling faces!
For decades, dental offices have practiced universal precautions, which include rigorous sterilization procedures of all equipment, sterilizing all surfaces in our operatories with hospital grade disinfectants, and maintaining a high level of PPE for our staff. These precautions work, but out of an abundance of caution and enhanced vigilance, we will be putting in place additional protocols for the duration of the Covid-19 crisis.
- We will be calling each patient the day prior to the appointment to complete a Covid phone screen questionnaire
- We have newly installed commercial touch free hand sanitizer units throughout the office. Please use the one next to the Check in counter when you arrive for your appointment.
- Please do not bring any family members to your appointment. Care givers will be asked to wait in their car.
- All staff will be wearing face masks at all times (this does not mean we are not smiling at you!)
- Magazines and pillows have been removed from the waiting room, but you may also wait in your car and call us when you arrive.
- Check out and payment may also be completed in your private operatory.
- Doors will remain closed to all operatories at all times.
- In addition to blood pressure screenings, we will conduct a quick temperature screening at the beginning of your appointment.
- Door handles and common areas will be sterilized hourly.
- Temperature screenings will be conducted on each staff member daily.
If you were scheduled for a visit March 16-May 1st, we will be calling to reschedule your appointment. We anticipate a large demand due to a backlog of patients and are opening on Tuesdays for hygiene and treatment in order to get everyone rescheduled in a timely fashion.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 817-737-8731.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
COVID 19 and Financial Options
Learn more about the options available to you.